“It’s my wish to foster a love of and appreciation for music in all of my students, and to promote their individual musical and intellectual growth.”
As a dynamic vocalist and accomplished pianist, Laura has achieved much success in her teaching of students of all ages and abilities. Flexible, eager, and experienced, Laura has worked with toddler age beginners, experienced adults, and students with many different learning disabilities, including students on the autism spectrum. Whether the student is a nervous 5-year old, or an outgoing college student singer, Laura is able to quickly make her students feel at ease and ready to learn.
- Master of Music, Voice Performance and Pedagogy, Westminster Choir College
- Bachelor of Music, Oberlin Conservatory of Music
- Winner of several scholarship and Vocal Competitions
- Boston Opera Collaborative, CoOPERAtive (Italy), Opera del West, and Oberlin Summer Program (Italy)
- Clorinda in La Cenerentola, Pamina in Die Zauberflöte, Eva Delvigné in An Embarrassing Position, Beth in Little Women, Morgana in Alcina, Erste Dame in Die Zauberflöte, Rosalinde in Die Fledermaus, Ciesca in Gianni Schicchi, Tessa in The Gondoliers, Lucie Manette in A Tale of Two Cities,Cosette in Les Misérables.
Five Favorite Vocalists
- Julie Andrews
- Lucia Popp
- Billy Joel
- Judy Garland