electric and upright bass, entry level guitar
“I work to customize each lesson to each student’s individual needs. The lessons are fun and relaxed, in order to bring out the student’s best. The goal is to help the student become their best on their instrument, and to become a good all-around musician…. All while playing the music they want to play!”
A native of Rhode Island, Greg has been performing professionally since the age of fifteen . For the past twenty five years Greg has called the Boston area home while performing, teaching, touring, doing session work and recording. Greg plays both electric and upright bass, as well as singing and composing. In 2007 Greg was voted “Outstanding Bass Player” by The Blues Audience. Some of the artist Greg has performed with are, Roomful Of Blues, Eric Burdon, The Memphis Horns, Duke Robillard, Ronnie Earl, James Cotton, James Montgomery and The Motor City Rhythm Kings.
- Private studies with: Charlie Banacos, Cecil Mcbee , John Lockwood, Bruce Gertz, Oscar Stagnaro, Rich Appleman
- Private Lesson Instructor for The Needham Fine And Performing Arts Program at Needham High School.
- Greg is the leader of The Greg Silva Trio which performs his own compositions as well as jazz standards and pop songs. Greg also plays with The Jim Shanahan Trio and The Eastwoods.
Some of my favorite recordings
- Rush – Moving Pictures
- Oscar Peterson Trio – We Get Requests
- Jaco Pastorius -Jaco
- Thin Lizzy- Live And Dangerous
- Weather Report- Night Passage
- Primus- Sailing The Seas Of
- Yes- Fragile
- Giant Steps- John Coltrane
- Kiss- Alive 2
- Stanley Clark- School Days